About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Seventh Poem - Nothing Lasts for Long

Open the door
Step right through
All the world is waiting for you.

Time is the same as memory
Hidden there, where none can see ...
Pieces of a puzzle, small bits of string,
Odds and ends of things …
Baubles, jewels, the stuff of life
Matter little.

Place your eyes upon the skies
Aloft
Where there you’ll find
Respite from cares and worries, rush and bother
Rest a moment with the Father.

Rest now for I will send
The signs of death
Which most fear
Yet know not that here
Is where they grow to know
That all is one
When day is done.

Count your pennies
Watch them grow
Then melt away like heated snow
Nothing lasts for long
It’s like a song
That’s here …
Only to disappear.

But lo! The soul!
Death touches not the spot inside
Where God abides,
Survives. Strives. Alive.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - these just keep getting better and better. FYI I did not get an email of an update to the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is my favorite so far. I know, how many times have I said that? I feel this is a "master" poet writing. The flow of the words and the imagery are excellent. I love the simile "melt away like heated snow." Obviously, money and worldly possessions are not significant after death. But how reassuring to hear the ending and know the soul is not touched by death. And "oneness" again? Oh yes, "That all is one when day is done." What a blessing to have this gift! I LOVE your blog...

    ReplyDelete