About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Thursday, July 30, 2009

Poem #17 - The Only Weapon We Need

I invited the spirits and immediately felt a new presence. I asked, “Are you new?” and my head bobbed up and down in a resounding “yes.” I feel it was a male, and he experimented with my energy for a few minutes, moving my head back and forth, up and down, and around, then let me know to pick up the pen. Right away I felt the difference … a prayer …

Today we pray anew.

Oh God, help the world to see
That peace and harmony
Are gifts given
Eyes blinded cannot see
Your majesty.

Awaken those who lie without sight
Filled with might
That cometh not from thee.
For thine is true and mighty love
That comes from above
Showers down like raindrops
To the ground.
There under foot we look
Where we do tread
And make our bed
Never knowing you are there
Everywhere.

Oh, Lord, how great and mighty is your sword
A blade of glory
It’s a story
Of truth.
No knights in armor come to fight
For what is right
But ride a wave of tolerance
Forgiveness,
Strength
To what length
Will they go
To show
That love’s the only weapon we do need
These our words must all men heed
If peace will come to these shores.
Fight no more
Love one another
Sister and brother
Cherish the treasure
Love without measure abounds
If only man would look
Forsake the mighty sword
Turn toward the Lord
Search no more
Settle the score
Stop the war and hatred.
Life is sacred.
This we pray each day.
Amen.

3 comments:

  1. This is too much a coincidence - I was hoping for a poem that would be more of a prayer. I was feeling the need to pray and the old Hail Marys and Our Fathers were not doing anything for me - I was just saying the words by rote. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful prayer for peace and harmony in our world. The powerful image of the sword portrays the strength of God's love. I find the ocean imagery of "ride a wave of tolerance" and "peace will come to these shores" quite soothing. The last line suggests this prayer is constant and continuing for all mankind.

    But when will we listen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Suzanne, I am floored at the beauty of the words comming from spirit intelligence. I look forward to each poem as it unfolds. The sea she brings forth such gifts, as the medium takes pen to hand.
    Janet Nohavec

    ReplyDelete