About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Thursday, August 6, 2009

Poem #25 - Heroes

So what happened to poems #23 and #24? Well, I tried an experiment. I had two friends give me questions to ask the Council of Poets. I asked and received two beautiful poems in response. The answers are very personal, though, so I don't want to put them on the blog. The answers are words I wouldn't have chosen, for I didn't know the answers myself. A wonderful confirmation from the spirit world. I received Poem #25 during the same meditation period as #23 and #24, so three poems in one short sitting. These guys are working overtime!

Courage takes many forms
Actions beyond the norm
Helping others when times are rough
Is tough

Heroes serve in many ways
We count their service not in days
But in the manner they help others
To rise above the standard

Who will step out of the crowd
And shout aloud
The message we need to hear
These truths that we hold dear
These are the ones we need to revere
Those who care not for glory
But to tell the story
Of love and sacrifice
For their fellow man
All part of one great plan.

We need the messengers to speak
The story’s not unique
But when all voices join as one
Our story will be done

‘Til then we search and look
Like turning pages in a book
For he who is willing
Without payment of a shilling
To take a stand
Across the land
And lead the way
For this we pray
Forever and a day.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Three poems in one session? You must be exhausted, Suzanne. But you are the perfect example of the "heroes" described in this poem from the Council of Poets..."not for glory" and "Without payment of a shilling" brings you to mind. You share your gift with all of us as you allow us to benefit from reading these messages from the World of Spirit. What a privilege it is to share in your courageous adventure.

    ReplyDelete