About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Thursday, September 24, 2009

Poem #75 - On Service to Others

Knights in shining armor
Ride in on a white horse
To rescue the fair damsel.
It’s a fairy tale, of course.

But in your world exist a few
Who like the shining knight,
Do come to others’ rescue.
Like an angel they take flight.

Who are these earthly angels
Who fly, yet have no wing?
They’re the givers of the spirit
Who God’s praises they do sing.

You need these souls who spread the joy
Who fill your life with hope.
Who give to others love and guidance
Help them well to cope.

Nurses, doctors, many cloaks
These angels they do wear
But what they have in common
Is their willingness to care.

There’s nothing greater in your world
Than working thus to serve.
And to those who give their love
Comes all they do deserve.

It matters not if pay you get
For all the work you do.
For payment comes in all the love
That flows right back to you.

So find a way to give your gifts.
In service there’s no end.
When caring lives within your heart
On love you can depend.

2 comments:

  1. I was reading about service to our fellowman in the Silver Birch Anthology just this morning. The possibilities are endless, but I experienced first hand the love flowing back to me through teaching for years in the public school system. Whatever love a teacher gives returns a hundredfold. I know there is more I can do and I will seek out the possibilities...

    "So find a way to give your gifts. In service there's no end." Thank you, Council of Poets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came back from my volunteering today with "my special" kids - it was a great day. This poem is talking to me - remember my doubts from last week?

    ReplyDelete