About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Sunday, September 27, 2009

Poem #78 - The Cycle

Today's poem is unlike any of the others ... This one's not meant for me (I'm not grieving, nor depressed in the slightest). Very thought provoking. Very different.

Grief.
Like a knife it does pierce.
A bite so fierce.
Oh, the pain.
I’ll never be the same.

Survive.
I’m still alive,
Yet wonder why.
When all I do is cry.

Strength.
I’d go to any length
Just to walk at your side
But now I hide.
Afraid of the darkness.

Weeping.
Like a willow.
My sodden pillow bears my tears.
Salty scars to last for years.

Relief.
I search for it, yet wonder
How will I survive?
For I’m alive
Yet dead inside.

Hope.
A subtle whiff that tickles my nose.
Do you suppose
There’s light beyond the pain?

Light.
So faintly glowing
Yet slowly, slowly growing.
Feeding my hunger.

Faith.
That after the pain
There does remain
Another sunrise.

Dawn.
The sun does rise again and shine.
A gift from the Divine.
Allowing me to see
Into eternity.

Joy.
The cycle is complete.
This world it is replete.
A single ball of twine.

2 comments:

  1. This is so interesting - a new poet? Very different from the others

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am puzzled by this one. I even checked our family Bible from the 1800's looking for death anniversaries. I have five relatives who "crossed over" during the month of September, but none on September 27. We are still in the season of Pentecost as far as the church year is concerned...today being a Sunday is a time to think of the saints who have gone before us, but it is not a particularly "significant Sunday" in the church year as far as I know.

    I love the form of the poem...and I appreciate the message of hope so beautifully expressed. Obviously, the writing poet knows well the full circle of grief flowing into joy and the "single ball of twine." My feeling is that the poem is meant for all of us. Quite a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete