About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Poem #271 - Trust!

Trust.
An ever-present issue…

What is that voice I hear?
As if not from outside my ear?
Could it be the voice of spirit?
So soft I barely hear it?

The words I hear cannot be mine.
Their message is so fine.
Yet who am I to think
That from God’s cup I can so freely drink?

I feel unworthy of His care.
It’s not his voice that I hear there.
Why would He come to me?
Oh, if only I could see…

Do you see the way you speak?
As if you are so weak.
When in fact you are quite strong
For God’s been with you all along.

This knowing that you feel?
Just trust that it is real.
Push away your need to doubt.
All your fears simply let out.

The ego wants to grip –
Doesn’t want its hold to slip.
For then you’d know for sure
That beyond the ego lies far more.

Thank the ego for its service
Then trust God; do not be nervous.
This Force within you has been waiting
With its love so softly baiting:

“Hear my voice and come to me.
Then you’ll truly be set free.”
Once you know yourself as Spirit
Then you will finally hear it.

Once again, we bid you, trust!
To find peace, this is a must.
It is yours just for the taking
What for so long you’ve been forsaking.

2 comments:

  1. Today's poem brings to mind the words from the old hymn, "Trust and obey for there's no other way..." Believe you are one with Spirit and listen to the voices of guidance within. "Once you know yourself as Spirit, then you will finally hear it."

    May we all find the "peace that passes all understanding" as we walk our lives in trust today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting what we hear and feel, "The words I hear cannot be mine". To let go of our ego can allow us to gain freedom and insight into who we are...

    Lois,I like your quote from the "old hymn". It matches this poem nicely....

    ReplyDelete