About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Poem #303 - Cooperation

From Caprock Canyon in Quitaque, Texas
Yesterday I was doing some writing and really wanted a poem to go with the theme. I discovered what I’d already learned – the Council of Poets are in charge! If I try, it just doesn’t work. I have to completely surrender, then they give me what THEY want to talk about. Today’s poem showed me that it is truly a cooperative effort, with spirit using thoughts and concepts in my mind, but only if I become passive and let them bring the thoughts to the forefront. As they say so well in today’s poem, this applies to everything we do in life ...

Cooperation –
When two work as one,
Working in harmony
To get twice as much done.

Inside you are two parts
That make up the whole.
There’s always the ego
But first and foremost the soul.

If inside there’s a struggle
And ego wants its way
Then it’s more of a fight
To get through your day.

But when you surrender
To what’s spirit’s will,
Things go much more smoothly –
Great peace you does fill.

As soon as you learn
That ego’s not truly in charge,
You will find much more freedom
And your heart will enlarge.

Cooperate with your spirit,
For it always knows best.
When ego rears its strong head,
Then just give it a rest.

Ego stands alone always
But spirit’s clearly connected
With All That Exists,
By God so dearly directed.

Ego - Edges God Out.
Spirit lets Him back in.
So feel Spirit strongly this day
As the Love there within.

2 comments:

  1. The acronym is effective in showing that ego separates us from Spirit. We are told to listen to Spirit within and surrender. The "oneness" message is strong again as we are reminded that Spirit connects us with "All That Exists."

    May we surrender to Spirit today and feel the connection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Set aside your ego and allow the light of "spirit" to guide you...

    Wonderful poem and I like your beginning comments Suzanne...

    ReplyDelete