About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Monday, May 31, 2010

Poem #315 - Doorway to the Soul

Look into another’s eyes
And what there do you see?
A reflection of yourself, perhaps
A glimpse into your own eternity.

And if you look yet deeper
You’d see there something more.
An opening, of sorts – an entrance…
A waiting, open door.

Step in through that doorway.
Do it with your mind.
And doing so an opening
Into the soul you’ll find.

Travel down this pathway
That leads into the soul.
It’s there you’ll find the center –
The undivided whole.

It matters not to whom belong
These eyes in which you peer.
For inside all, the soul’s the same –
The part that is most dear.

Some may erect a barrier
But this is just external.
The eyes can’t hide the truest part –
The part that is eternal.

3 comments:

  1. How often I have seen the beauty of the soul in a person's eyes...truly, the windows to the soul. But today the world of spirit reminds us that inside we are ALL the same. "For inside all, the soul's the same--the part that is most dear."

    May we find the inner beauty in everyone we meet today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem and I love the theme, "Doorway to the soul."

    When we look into another persons eyes we can see ourselves in them and know that we all have a "center" that holds the essence of our being....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if you can't see that? I mean, I look into my own eyes and don't see anything. I've never seen anything else by looking into another person's eyes either. And actually other people can't see 'me' either, not even people who can usually 'see'. So, I get the point of this poem intellectually, but I've had no experience with it. Makes me feel like I'm missing something...

    ReplyDelete