About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Monday, June 14, 2010

Poem #329 - A Recipe for Peace of Mind

From Zion National Park, Utah

Understanding and forgiveness –
Two good traits to have.
When used they bring relief
Like a calming, soothing salve.

Carry not the burden
Of hate and discontent.
These attributes will sap the soul
When there your energy is spent.

Realize that all your feelings
Do originate with you.
And as for others’ actions,
There’s little you can do.

But when it comes to your own thinking,
Why, that’s what you control.
So keep loving thoughts foremost in mind
And purify your soul.

“I forgive you. I understand
That you and I don’t think the same.”
It’s thoughts like this that free you
And your ego’s mind do tame.

For it’s ego that keeps you thinking
That others do you wrong.
But you can create miracles
When you change to a new song.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful message and poem this morning from the Council of Poets. Words of wisdom by which to live. Let go of ego and send love not hate or anger into our world. "So keep loving thoughts foremost in mind and purify your soul."

    On to loving, forgiving, and understanding today...

    ReplyDelete