About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Friday, June 25, 2010

Poem #340 - In All Things

Animals and flowers,
Birds, and plants, and trees …
All that you can name like this --
You can see God in these.

Stop and take a moment.
Pause long enough to sit.
Then focus on an object
And say, “God is in it.”

“God is that, and God is that,”
Say it as you move your gaze,
And doing this you’ll start to see
God manifest in many ways.

Then find a group of people
And do this for all you see.
Say, “God is that, and God is that,”
Then say, “And God is me.”

In this way you’ll strengthen
Your connection with all things
And find the joy and oneness that
This understanding brings.


Note from Suzanne: I love this! It fits right in with the phrase "I AM THAT I AM." I did as the poem said ... sat and moved my gaze from the glorious Grand Tetons to the birds, a chipmunk, the wildflowers, saying "God is that ... God is that ... God is that ... " Then I saw some people and said the same thing, letting it sink in. Then I finished by saying, "And I AM THAT." Powerful. (It's also interesting to change the name God to various names and repeat the exercise ...Great Spirit, Infinite Intelligence, Consciousness, The Source, etc. ... and see how it feels.) Love to all ...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a powerful poem and message today. Oneness...oneness...oneness. And it works! I, too, tried this method after reading. Beautiful and awesome and amazing for sure. Thank you, Suzanne, and thank you, Council of Poets!

    May we feel our "connection with all things" as we send out the love today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unique poem. There is definatley a feeling of oneness when doing this exercise. The birds, the sky, the trees etc.all become more vibrant and alive.

    "In this way you will strengthen your connection with all things."

    ReplyDelete