About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Friday, July 16, 2010

Poem #361 - Step Beyond Your Borders

From Fayette, Ohio

This poem requires a preface. Last night, my husband and I were poring over a map, trying to find the small town where some friends live. Neither of us could find the town. Then, I remembered something Anne Gehman did that I wrote about in “The Priest and the Medium,” and I decided to try it. I looked away, stepped outside myself and asked to be shown where the town was. When I glanced down at the map, my eyes went straight to the town. I looked at Ty and said, “There you go!” So, the first stanza is obviously about my experience last night, but the whole poem applies to everyone.

A finger on a map
Guided to the unseen spot.
Was it just coincidence?
You know that it was not.

So many take for granted
The things they do and say,
Imagining they act alone
As they go through their day.

In this they are mistaken,
For no man plays a solo role.
All minds are linked together
And interact from soul to soul.

If guidance you do search for
If love is yet your goal
See yourself not solo
But part and parcel of the whole.

Step out beyond your borders.
Reach beyond your walls,
And blend instead with All That Is
To hear the Voice that calls.

It’s then you will be guided.
It’s then you’ll know your place.
It’s then more often will you see
A smile upon your face.

For Love is your true nature.
Happiness it is your right.
So claim your rightful place, my friend
And thus expand your sight.

2 comments:

  1. This is another WOW poem for me. I love the images of "beyond your borders" and "beyond your walls." "And blend instead with All That Is to hear the Voice that calls." Ask for guidance, and experience the Love.

    On to blending with All That Is today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat story, Suzanne..

    Ask to be guided, "Step out beyond your borders.
    Reach beyond your walls."

    Find your voice, don't look back,find the map your heart desires....

    ReplyDelete