About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Poem #368 - Moods

There may be times you’re crabby,
Days you crawl into your shell.
Days you sneer at all you see,
When life’s a living Hell.

When days like this occur to you,
It’s best to just surrender.
And if with others you must deal,
Then do your best a smile to render.

While it’s true that you exist
As Spirit at your core,
Your body oft times has a way
Of closing Spirit’s door.

It may be due to chemistry
That causes an imbalance,
That so does knock you off your feet
It hides your loving talents.

You know the steps to find your soul.
You practice them quite often.
But there may come a time when
Naught you do your mood will soften.

Look then for something physical,
And there relief you’ll find.
But throughout all be patient
And to your Self be kind.

3 comments:

  1. While existing in the physical body, we are learning and growing. But it is good to remember that we can never reach perfection. There will be days when our emotions take hold, and we will tend to forget we are Spirit. The message for me today from the Council of Poets is beautifully summarized in the last two lines of the poem. "But throughout all be patient, and to your Self be kind."

    On to living in Love today with patience and kindness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poem again that I can relate to directly. My fall caused me unbalance as well as imbalance due to a chemical imbalance that I get from anxiety. I was hoping for a poem would be written "for me". I will reread this throughout the day as a reminder to be patient this too will pass and to be kind to myself. As always, much love to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Poem...

    Like JanJobby said, "I feel like this poem was written for me today."

    What a day it's been. "When life's a living hell it's best to just surrender." I never thought of it this way but I truly agree. Life can certainly throw us some curve balls and it's important to keep our chin up...

    I'm right along with you JanJobby!

    ReplyDelete