About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Sunday, August 2, 2009

Poem #20 - The Mind: The Greatest Instrument

Before I began today's meditation, I was thinking (worrying, actually) that the words that are coming through in these poems are very simple and they're all starting to sound the same. Well, the spirit world put me in my place today. As for the Latin at the beginning, no, I don't speak Latin. I simply wrote down the words as I heard them. I looked each one up online afterwards, and this may be simply jibberish, I don't know. (Any Latin scholars out there?), but as you read the poem, it all makes sense in its own way...

Imprimatur non soquili
Vestigi quorum hominem
Ad dominem
Satisfacem lorum ipsilum
Ad dominam
Qui veni ipsi hoc
Sequitur…

Does it matter what language we speak?
Hear these words …
Providence
Henceforth know
So-called jewels
Fortitude … forbearance …
Shakespeare had the tools
These kinds of words to use
Howsoever shall a man use his language
It matters little
So long as the message gets through
For this we come to you.

Using words, they’re all we’ve got
Mind to mind without a thought
Your brain’s an instrument
Just a tool
Over the body it does rule
But deep inside the brain
Hidden like memories remain
Remnants of the past

Forsake not these carousel horses
That go up and down
Round and round
Where’s the brass ring?
The mind! The mind!
It holds the key
To memory
It goes on and on and on forever
Never winding down and stopping
Round and round
Safe and sound
The greatest instrument
What an implement!


Children on horses
Merry-go-round games they play
At the end of the day
The ride is over for the brain
But thoughts remain
Aufwiedersehn
We’ll come again.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed the use of the Spanish "adios" a few days ago...and also the French "adieu." Now we see both the Latin stanza at the beginning of their poem...and ending with the German "auf wiedersehn." The use of different languages brings the universal theme of "oneness" to mind. The language doesn't matter...it is the message we must get across.

    The Merry-go-round is a fun image. I see us as the "children on horses" playing the game. Don't discount the thoughts deep within (carousel horses) that are "remnants of the past."

    ReplyDelete