About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Saturday, January 2, 2010

Poems #165 and #166

A friend who stressed the comfort these poems bring suggested I compile some of the best poems into a booklet to give to children’s hospitals and hospices (and how about veterans’ hospitals, too?) The idea, I think, was inspired. It’s perfect. I can see “Messages of Hope, Vol I” in my mind right now, sitting on a waiting room table, ready to comfort someone who’s hurting. I’ve begun a search for grant money for my step-daughter Susan’s foundation (Susan Marie Giesemann Foundation – a non-profit we established in her memory) to help in printing and distribution costs of the booklets (any ideas of how to make this happen are welcome).

Meanwhile, this morning I asked the Council of Poets for an appropriate poem for Vol I. I could barely write fast enough as they gave me Poem #165:

Oh, so sad
You see the little tears.
You want to make them stop.
Hip hop, little bunny, hip hop.
But no smile comes.
Where is God
In such a place as this?

Look under the covers.
See the tiny fingers.
Slender reminders
He is everywhere.
Even in a nail so frail.

The smile you give
Even when your heart is breaking
Is the pill.
Sweet medicine to cure a thousand ills.
Far better than pills.

Lunacy
To watch the pain.
Yet hope is not in vain.
Dry the tears.
Calm the fears.
God is there
Under the blanket.


*******
Do you want another? (Yes, of course I do…)

*******
Poem #166

Pain and sorrow come to all
Burdens you must bear.
Who is there

When troubles come?

Never do you walk alone.
No solo road do you wander.
The Spirit takes your hand.
You walk together ever yonder.

Do not fear what lies ahead.
It’s not for you to know.
Simply trust.

In your hand you hold a treasure…
Unseen wealth
Squeeze and feel the strength.
He will go to any length
Walking by your side
From His help you cannot hide
There can be no stealth.

You are not alone
As close as the phone…

Make the call.

2 comments:

  1. Reach out to those in pain and let Spirit work through you with love. Yes, the idea from a friend to publish the poems for children's hospitals and hospices is inspired.

    The images of "little tears, tiny fingers, nails so frail," and "God is there under the blanket" are powerful. The directive is also strong. Be there for the little ones who suffer. Bring comfort and a smile and reassurance that "never do you walk alone."

    As with all of poetry, we cannot help but bring our own experience to the reading. I think of my tiny friend, Talia, nine years old and battling neuroblastoma. So the very last line "Make the call" has a double meaning for me today. First I will call upon Spirit and then I will call my friend, Talia.

    May Spirit use us all today to bring comfort and a smile to those who suffer...especially the children of our world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is wonderful. I'm so glad you are going to compile a book of your poems and distribute them to the hospital's you listed. Yes,you should include the Veterans Hospital.

    I just had a dream about being surrounded by a circle of children and feeling the love of their presence. Ironically, I also met three people this past week by the name of "Jordan".

    These poems are so sweet. I love the line," Hip Hop little bunny, Hip hop." Bunnies and rabbits represent spring and will always be a favorite among the young and the old...

    ReplyDelete