About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Sunday, February 28, 2010

Poem #223 - So simple ...

A smile-
An instrument you use
To show your pleasure
When you choose.

A frown -
Yet another way
To show your thoughts …
A kind of play.

You move your face
And show your feeling.
No need for words
When all you’re revealing.

But don’t you know
That body and mind share a link?
By moving your lips
Your face makes you think.

So change your outlook
In one swift move.
This simple act
Your mood can improve.

If you’re feeling
The slightest bit down,
Right this instant
Form a smile from your frown.

That’s it. So simple.
No heavy lesson today.
Just a lesson in smiles
To light up your way.

2 comments:

  1. "Form a smile from your frown." What a delightful and fun poem from the world of spirit this morning! I wonder if anyone could read these words and not "form a smile" by the ending. "So simple..." yet we often forget how good it feels to smile.

    On to walking my path in love this day...smiling all the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and what a great childrens poem this would be...

    Smiling is a good exercise for our body and mind. It helps release tension from the inside and outside while smoothing the lines that cause wrinkles!

    This poem reminds me of a dream I had recently where a girl friend walked up to me and was wearing a colorful tie with smiley faces on it, had in her hand a purse with smiley faces and even had a pair of socks on with smiles. She was also standing there smiliing at me, so I was being showered with smiles!

    I came to realize that her warm, bright presence is always apparent and always there,simply because she smiles with her heart...

    ReplyDelete