About the Poetry

All of the poems in this blog are spirit-inspired. Every word came to me each day for a full year while in deep meditation. I simply wrote what I heard onto a pad of paper in my lap with eyes closed – meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes. I was unaware of each poem’s theme until I transcribed it later word for word. Each day brought new and wondrous discoveries about the world beyond our five physical senses, incredible wisdom, and messages of hope which I share with you in this blog. The last poems received are displayed below on this page, but the entire collection of 365+ poems are archived here in the left-hand column. You can search by topic or keyword using the search box in the upper left corner. May you find among them just the right message which speaks to your heart.



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Poem #351 - Rain and Sun

Rain will always fall
As long as there is sky.
For with the sun there always
Will be clouds that pass on by.

A mix of sun and rain
Will always fill your days
For this is how you come to know
Your life in all its ways.

All life is just a spectrum –
A continuum of “being.”
With no fine line ‘tween good and bad,
All facets are you seeing.

It’s up to you how you do see
That rain which ‘round you falls.
Do you see it as a bad thing,
Or as an opportunity that calls?

Your mind is free to choose all thoughts,
So be aware of how you think.
When life it sends you raindrops
Fill your cup and freely drink.

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem..

    This poem speaks to me because I prefer sunshine over rain almost any day. Not only do I feel more alive with the sun around me but I look forward to waking up and feeling the bright rays. When I have to drive through a rainstorm this really tests my patience...

    "It's up to you how you do see That rain which round you falls."

    This is such a good line because how we embrace what's in front makes all the difference.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just last night, I was sitting on our lanai and enjoying the rain. It is one of my favorite things to do. Like Jennifer, I don't enjoy driving in the rain; but I love to run in the rain and sit and watch the rain. I love the sunshine, too. So today's poem really does make one think.

    The images of rain and sunshine are perfect for illustrating the varied experiences of our lives. We are reminded today that we have the ability to choose how we think about those experiences. We grow and learn through them all.

    On to sending out the love to our world today through opportunities presented in the rain and in the sunshine...

    ReplyDelete